Sunday, October 21, 2012

Return of the Sunday Night Blues...

So unfortunately, my return to the workforce has been accompanied by the return of the Sunday Night Blues.  You know what I'm talking about, that doom that sets in about mid-afternoon Sunday when you realize that the weekend is over and you have five long days of work awaiting you.  Even more depressing is that fact that I only accomplished 25% of the things on my to-do list. I sure got spoiled during my month off.

You're prolly wondering about my first week at the new job. I am happy to report that things are good so far, although 99.9% of my week was spent on various forms of training, meaning I don't really have a good indication of what work will actually be like.  The trip to New York was cool, but totally exhausting. One of the most important things I learned, however, is that I get to wear jeans every Friday. That deserves a woot woot. I've also learned my closet is completely unprepared for a business casual dress code.  I basically have super nice business attire and then suuuuuper casual weekend attire. Luckily I am back in Houston, where there are actually clothing stores to shop in!

No comments:

Post a Comment